The Council on Middle East Studies (CMES) offers both a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree and a Graduate Certificate in Modern Middle East Studies. Although the Council on Middle East Studies does not award an M.A. or Ph.D. degree, a number of graduate and professional school programs at Yale offer Middle East-focused fields of study. These pages contain more information about the B.A. and graduate certificate as well as information on M.A./Ph.D. programs of interest, Middle East-related courses, links to the Arabic and Modern Hebrew Program websites, and fellowships administered by CMES.

Director of Undergraduate Studies for 2019
Jonas Elbousty, Director of Undergraduate Studies- Council on Middle East Studies

Graduate Certificate Advisor for 2017-2018
Travis ZadehChair & Graduate Certificate Adviser, Council on Middle East Studies; William K. Lanman Jr. Professor of Anthropology and International Affairs; Center for Middle East Studies, Chair

DUS Assistant
Marwa Khaboor, Program Coordinator 2, Expert Resource